Whatsapp in easy words is a cross-platform instant messaging app available for mobile devices and PC launched in 2009 which was later bought by Facebook in 2014 with a bid of $16 Billion. It is a trendy alternative to SMS. Its main perks are communicating internatianoot or group chat and calls.
Through Whatsapp, people can share text, video, and voice messages and not forget audio or video calls just by using their internet data or wifi.
To date, Whatsapp is the most popular mobile messaging app used worldwide 2022 stats showed. It is estimated 2 Billion monthly active users which easily leaves behind WeChat which has about 1.2 Billion active users. Facebook Messenger’s active users are about 1.3 Billion globally. So it’s without a doubt that WhatsApp is the most popular and in-demand messaging app for communications.
WhatsApp Usage Statistics Takeaways For 2023:
Insights on WhatsApp Usage Statistics
- WhatsApp is widely recognized as the most widely-used messaging app worldwide.
- Boasting 2.44 billion unique active users in April 2022, an increase of 6.4% from the previous year.
- In June 2022, it was also the most downloaded mobile messenger app worldwide, with nearly 45 million downloads.
- The app is available in 180 countries around the world.
Global WhatsApp User Statistics
- With 2.44 Billion active users as of April 2022, WhatsApp has a massive global user base that continues to grow on a daily basis.
- WhatsApp is not only a leading communication channel for smartphone users worldwide, but it is also among the top 3 most-used social platforms globally, trailing behind only Facebook (2.8 Billion users) and YouTube (2.29 Billion users).
- Its user base is constantly growing, making it a popular choice for communication and social interaction.
- WhatsApp offers a variety of features and functionalities, making it a go-to choice for users looking for a versatile and user-friendly messaging app.
- As a result of WhatsApp having such a large number of global users, it is subsequently the leading communication channel for smartphone users everywhere!
2023’s Monthly Active Users Statistics on WhatsApp
Whatsapp experienced significant growth in popularity and user numbers from 2016 to 2020, adding 1 billion monthly active users.
After being acquired by Meta, this growth has continued at an exponential rate, with the number of active users increasing by over 3500% since 2014.
|Date||Whatsapp Monthly Active Users|
|October 2010||10 Million|
|December 2011||50 Million|
|July 2012||75 Million|
|October 2012||100 Million|
|January 2013||133 Million|
|March 2013||166 Million|
|April 2013||200 Million|
|June 2013||250 Million|
|August 2013||300 Million|
|October 2013||350 Million|
|December 2013||400 Million|
|January 2014||430 Million|
|February 2014||465 Million|
|April 2014||500 Million|
|August 2014||600 Million|
|January 2015||700 Million|
|April 2015||800 Million|
|September 2015||900 Million|
|February 2016||1 Billion|
|January 2017||1.2 Billion|
|July 2017||1.3 Billion|
|December 2017||1.5 Billion|
|February 2020||2 Billion|
|July 2021||2+ Billion|
|April 2022||2+ Billion|
What is the Daily User Count for WhatsApp in 2023?
TrueList added: A lot of people use WhatsApp every day. On average, 100 billion messages are sent on WhatsApp daily, which is about 4.2 billion messages per hour, 69 million per minute, and over 1.1 million per second. It is estimated that at least 1 billion people use WhatsApp daily and it is the most popular mobile communication app in the world.
Which Country Holds the Record for the Highest Number of WhatsApp Users in 2023?
As data shows these are the top 10 countries having the most Whatsapp Users:
|United States||79.6 Million|
Projected 2023’s WhatsApp Users Stats in USA
For the United States of America, it is projected that the users count will reach 85.8 Million in 2023 alone.
Frequency of WhatsApp Usage in the United States
In America alone, half of Whatsapp users access the messaging app on a daily basis, while 28% access it at least once a week. This amounts to 78% of American users using Whatsapp at least once a week.
in the United States for WhatsApp
2023’s Gender breakdown of WhatsApp Usage in the United States
In the United States, the majority of Whatsapp users are between the ages of 26 and 35, comprising 27% of the user base.
The least represented age group on Whatsapp in the USA is those over 56, making up only 13% of the total user base.
The following is the full breakdown of the data.
|Age group||Users Share|
Additional: WhatsApp Rating in 2023
What We Learned From 2023’s WhatsApp Usage Statistics
Whatsapp has undergone a significant transformation from being a successful startup to becoming a market leader after its acquisition by Meta. With an astonishing 2 billion users, it is utilized by 26% of the global population. It is incredible to think about the reach and impact it has on society.
The future for Whatsapp is promising as it continues to dominate the market. An instant messaging platform is a necessity in today’s world and as the population continues to grow, so will the popularity of Whatsapp. Utilize this platform to your advantage and stay informed with the latest statistics to make strategic decisions.